Friday, November 30, 2012

plotting and scheming on mah health

Made what was hopefully a first intelligent step towards getting my shit back together - went to my chiro yesterday to figure what the sam hell my shoulder keeps doing. Got jammed, poked, prodded, and bent about (which will be repeated basically every other day through this coming week, starting tomorrow) and told no apparent tears, dislocations, or arthritis. 

[this was immediately science failed by my instructor, who reminded me that xrays don't really show all of that... shit.]

I'll stick with the chiro, as it's never failed me before, but with a typically open/questioning mind. If it isn't working, I'll get a referral for physical therapy perhaps. 

What sucks was the marching orders to "use the arm and shoulder, but don't challenge it" - WTFF. Do these people not know me yet?! 

This really puts a turd in the punchbowl. I had plans, such plans, to plunge back into crossfit, lifting, swimming, grappling (ALL THE THINGS!!!!!) with a renewed splendor. Guess that's going to get scaled down to size a bit. But that's probably a good thing, given my penchant for red-lining things. 

Upon waking today, I was really just feeling the idea of adding back in supplemental lifting. I was in better shape when I was lifting more (meaning more than I do for crossfit, when I go regularly, that is), or at least I felt that way. So, I'm thinking I'll just add some leg work, some back work, core/rotational work, whatever seems fitting on the days I'm going swimming. 

Or just lift from the garage. It's really whichever. 
 
think I'll take an old lifting book with me to the woods today and see what plans I can't scratch out. if nothing else, hunting season is allowing me to catch up on some reading. great. pfft.

and also, damn, what the crap did they do to me? sore as hell from the chiro appt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment